Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Back and Taking Off

Hello dear readers. Much news since the last post... way back in who knows when. I hope I haven't lost you. You'll be better kept informed of the life in the Geaghan house from now on - hopefully on a more regular basis. One last relaxing day shown above back in June with Tim and Lana lounging on the beach after the Mermaid Day Parade.

We'll do the news first. As many of you know, my library spoke of lay-offs back in May. I decided that it was time to seek employment elsewhere. Tim and I have lived in Brooklyn for 5 years now and the lay-offs were just a sign to nudge us along onto our next adventure. I applied for several jobs and several nibbled. But I found one that I liked a lot and hey, they liked me too. I will now be an upper school librarian at an independent school in the lovely state of Ohio. Tim and I bought a house and we will be packing up the wagons this weekend and heading west (well, west of Brooklyn, NY!) next weekend.

So, the focus of the blog will change - as our life did. For those of you who know us well, we've been traveling along like molasses for the past 12 years... and year 13 basically slammed it's foot down on the gas pedal. Marriage and now a new home. I'll have more details on that in the next post - but as a teaser - the new background here is our courtyard. Yes, our new house has a courtyard.


For now, I'll leave you with some of my favorite pics from the Coney Island Mermaid Day Parade (n.b. I donated these photos to the Brooklyn Public Library - so there will be an Olivia Geaghan photo collection there). I'll be in touch again soon!




No comments: