Monday, January 17, 2011

Some old but new photos


Hi readers. I have a cold which means that I will finally plant myself in front of the computer and fill you in on life in Ohio. Needless to say, it's been busy. Lots of fun kinds of busy! We celebrated Christmas here in the new casa with the Snider clan as well as with Linder, Mimi, and Keith. He has provided the photos of Christmas - thanks Keith!

I had some issues decorating. Tim and I had our tiny apartment to decorate and most of the decorations we had were gifts given to us from former students or hand me downs and who not. I love all the ornaments that Linder generously donated a few years ago - they're all mostly hand made ornaments from when Tim was a wee lad. But we were definitely lacking in around the house decorations. What to do? Well, luckily we have oodles of coniferous trees on our property and are close to a Crate and Barrel and a Target. We wanted to keep things simple, so I bought two boxes of Christmas balls (50 silver and 50 red), two spools of ribbon, some snowflakes, and a whole lot of fresh pine branches from our yard. Made 10 ball clusters and trimmed everything with pine branches! Turned out to be quite nice!


In other news, we bought a couch. I should be delivered in oh, another 4 1/2 to 8 1/2 weeks. While we made it through Christmas with limited seating, we had a Winter Classic Party (one of the best hockey events of the year for all you non hockey fans) and that proved to be a bit of an issue. That and our rabbit ear television decided to wonk out during the game, so I had to sit on the floor next to the tv and be the human signal conductor. I didn't mind since the game was kind of sucky this year. It was way more about the company and food and bringing new people together. The r on the keyboard is broken and is beginning to drive me crazy.

I would say we've settled in quite nicely. We've had wonderful evenings in front of the fire place for the past few weeks, Cleveland is blanketed with snow, and we've put the flannel sheets on the bed. We're making plans for spring, Tim has his seed savers catalog on the coffee table and we've been pouring through it to decide what to plant. I've been making calls to places to see how much it will cost to rent a wall paper steamer (to remove the olive paper in the dining room). We're gearing up for projects and cannot wait to begin. However, potentially big news, our next project may be a new puppy!! We're going to take a look at some newfie puppies tomorrow, right before our Swing dance lesson! Yes, we're quite happy.

I'm also adding some photos of our time in Canton, Mass. our last trip out there befoe we made the big move to the mid-west. We had a great time with the Geaghan-Vieira clan for Halloween. Tim and I dressed up as Sushi. He was tuna and I was salmon. Yum.


Enjoy!

No comments: