Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentines Day memories


Hello readers. I've missed you for the last few days. But I'm back tonight for a lot of fun news. First, I had a fantastic bridal shower today. But I'll write about that once I get the photos. It was great and adorable. The photo below is of one of the decorations now perched on my desk.

The last time I posted, I had just tried on my dress! Hooray! Jipes. It's been a while - I worked on Saturday and cleaned, made sour cream, and watched the Super Bowl on Sunday. Sadly, the midwestern team lost. But what can you do.

So, here I am again today. I thought, that since Valentines Day is next Sunday, I would share a few memories with you. When I was looking for photos of me and Tim, I found this pink Irregular Choice shoe box full of tokens from the last 12 birthdays, Valentines Days, just becauses and for some reason, the sash and neckerchief that I wore for the Bull run in Pamplona.

This box contains the first poem that Tim ever wrote for me. It also has the card that came along with the roses he first got for me. And the actual roses that he gave to me for our second Valentines day. There is also something that once was a rose - but taken out of the wrapper, was actually a pair of undies. Classy - this was a hilarious spontaneous gift from a gas station - Grumpy's maybe on Rte 213? I can't remember that. I just remember saying "Oh, this is so nice" as Tim was dancing around a bit giggling. Then he said "open it!" I did. It was cheap red undies. We laughed and laughed, and laughed some more. I found this great article today on what not to get your valentine. I'm just thinking that if you get some of these gifts for your valentine, make sure they have a sense of humor. To enjoy this slideshow, click on the bear. Tim once got me a bear. It was red with devil horns. It was called the sweet talkin' devil bear. It said several things, in a very gravelly voice, and I think my favorite saying was "the devil made me do it!". It was a great bear. I think my parents have it at their house. He also got me a red bathrobe. What a great guy. Maybe somewhere in the back of my head, I was thinking about our first Valentines Day, and that is why I decided to get my shoes dyed red! Who knows.

What else is there. Oh, well, if you know me, you know that I have a bit of an unhealthy (according to some people) obsession with the Harry Potter books. I love those books so much that when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came out, I had the book sent to Tim's parents house in Ohio (originally, it was going to be sent to our house in California since I pre-ordered months previous). We were supposed to be celebrating Tim's grandmother Mimi's 80th birthday. After the family photos were taken and we returned to their house, there was the smiling Amazon.com box waiting for me. The family barely saw me for the next two days. I don't remember talking to anyone after it came. And when we were waiting for our plane to take us back to California, I spotted another member of the fellowship of magic - a brief nod passed between us. He was on the same flight as us, a few seats in front of me. I was almost finished with the book, he was maybe half way through. I gasped very loudly at one of the most tragic moments in the series, and this gentlemen swung his head around an looked at me grimacing! I don't think I ruined anything for him... you know, I'm really getting away from the point here. I love Harry Potter and Tim loves me, so one year he got one of those little boxes of Valentines that school kids give to each other. 30 little cards all written on, with little sayings like "With all that Hair, it's hard to know, how she sees so much". It was a great gift.

There is probably a lot more that I'm forgetting, but will maybe get back to later. But for now, these are just a few thoughts. Tim does have a similar box - but it's a folder in our filing cabinet labeled "sentimental nonsense" or something along those lines.

More tomorrow. We are getting close readers!!

No comments: