Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dress and shoes


Hello readers. It's early in the morning - I've got a purring kitty on my lap and I'm listening to Will Shorts (z) Leann Hansen do the crossword challenge on Weekend Edition Sunday. My coffee is getting just a little to cold to drink, but I think I can finish it.

So a brief explanation of the photo here. This is the first time Tim and I dressed up super fancy like together. This was taken before Washington College's Birthday Ball. The college was named for George Washington who donated money to start the first college in the new nation in 1782. So we named the college after him and every year, we celebrate his birthday. BTW, George Washington has a really cool story about his birthday because calendars changed and such. But, not the time for a history lesson.

Timmy returned yesterday from a week long trip to the lovely state of Ohio! He returned to a lady with a new sassy hairstyle! Yes, I changed my hair three weeks before the ceremony! Again, not the most traditional of people. But it's super fun and I love it. Hooray for Kay at Ringo's Salon! But I didn't post last night and I want to make sure that I do at least two posts today. So look for one later in the evening too.

Anyway, I realized that I have not posted pics of the dress. Here it is:
Hooray. It's tea length and really pretty. Click on the photo and you can look at additional photos.


Hurrah. Another thingie out of the way! Just have to get measured - this should be an adventure - Tim will be using the measuring tape today - and Sienna asked about the Marie Antoinette shoes. Well, this isn't a great photo - it was taken with my phone - but you'll get the idea.

I have to take them to the cleaners and I might swap out the current lace for ribbons to make them extra fancy. They have blue, green, and orange stripes and are really, really comfy! I think they will work right? I certainly don't need an excuse to go shoe shopping - but my closet will be really unhappy with me if I do. Although, I did see some killer shoes at Beacon's Closet the other day... I smashed all these photos together so you could get the idea. It's a bit wonky to look at, and in the future, photos will be a little farther away from each other.

So good news all around. Pretty not white dress, 1950s style to go with my 1950s style hair, I won't fall (or at least, I won't be able to blame it on the dress) when I walk around in the dress, it won't get dirty scraping the floors of the NYC subway, AND I get to wear a favorite pair of shoes. Everything's coming up Morales! (soon to be Geaghan)!

No comments: