Thursday, January 28, 2010

A modification and a cake


A very good early morning to you readers. I've just finished washing the dishes, and am waiting for my water to boil for delicious morning coffee. The sun is just starting to turn the sky a beautiful deep lavender and kitty is perfectly silhouetted against the window. He looks like a perfect EA Poe cat. What a good kitty!

Anyway, wasn't Tim's post great??!! I'm grateful that he posted and that it was quite amusing. I'm nothing if not entertaining and full of adventure. I've had a couple tough nights - nothing wedding related thankfully. Just some not so fun things to deal with. So, I hope to be more upbeat than I am feeling and remember that things will pass and to focus on the fact that Saturday starts the t-two week date!

So, this post it called 'a modification'. I found out yesterday that my dress will be white, not the lovely coffee cream color. I could be super bitchy about this, but I really see not point to be. It's the same style, just white. I'm pretty sure that I can pull this off because I already have a natural tan and dark hair and glasses. In a moment, my brain turned from my marie antoinette shoes, to maybe some kick ass red shoes. And maybe some red flowers in my hair. It's Valentines Day after all! Or, possibly snowflakes?! In a moment, my brain turned a tiny twinge of sadness into possibility. I wish it could do that all the time. (BTW, doesn't this model look intense? She is staring into your soul - mwahahahaha!)

Readers, now we have a mission (since I think just about every other area of planning is complete). Red shoes! Hopefully, we'll head to Brooklyn Flea or Beacon's Closet this weekend and look for some awesome shoes. If you have suggestions - send them this way. If red seems silly, let me know that too.

So, part two. The cake. Initially, I had no idea how much we won when we won this contest. After we got the congrats email, I began looking at dresses and cakes. It's like when someone goes into labor - we need towels and hot water!! I thought dresses and cakes. Didn't really find out about the cake until maybe last week? I think? Anyway, I was planning on making our cake, since I took a super awesome cake decorating class at the Brooklyn Kitchen last May. Um, will upload photos of my decorated cake later... cannot find them, too early, not enough coffee... I'm a zombie! (Let's hope the Bennett sisters don't accidentally mistake me for a real zombie and form the pentagram of death!)

Turns out, I don't have to do that because we get a cake made by the Cake Boss, who is apparently a guy on a show on TLC (we don't have cable and I'm looking at the website for the cake boss for the first time right now to get an image). We have to sign releases tonight and will out another questionnaire about colors and flavors. Life should be all about questionnaires about colors and flavors. I know my favorite color changes often and I usually have several favorite colors at one time. And flavors, fugeddaboudit. Delicious food can make me cry it's so good. My inner fat girl gets sad, no that's too mild a work, clinically depressed when I've finished the last bit of something truly tasty. Oh boy, I should not write this when I'm tired.

Anyway readers, as always, thanks for reading. The sun is just about to turn the sky a blue gray and I believe that I seem some tiny snowflakes pepper my back garden.

2 comments:

Traci said...

You have no idea the noises I made when I read about the cake coming to your wedding. I am a serious, serious cake fiend. My only real reason for having our reception was to have a CAKE! Bottom layer: white with lemon. Second: white with raspberry. Top: marble with hazelnut cream.

I kid you not.....I will mess that bad boy UP! Put a big picture of me on it.

positivgal said...

And to think, I just sent in our flavors and colors - which I might have to blog about tonight because it's pretty funny. I sadly did not include "please fancily airbrush a picture of my sister in law's face on the cake. She loves cake. here is a picture of her - faxes picture of Traci with cake crumbs and frosting clumps around her mouth, with some in her hair. Her mouth is wide open and she has the look of a crazed crack fiend who you wouldn't sit next to on the subway for fear of your life. This was truly a good idea. I just snorted some coffee!