Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Kitty Question


Hello readers. First, some housekeeping. Hehe, Houskeeping, knock, knock, knock. If you've ever seen this episode of the Family Guy, you'll get it.

Anyway, um, so. I'll send out an email every time there is a new post. There have been a few requests to do this, so not a problem, will do. It will actually come from Tim's email, maybe we'll have to double up on the new post! Gogyohka and wedding posts together.

Some new news, I'm going to get fitted for my dress on Thursday and I'm unbelievably excited about it. If you know me, I'm not terribly girly, but it's a soft flouncy dress! Even the Tomboyest of Tomboys would get excited over a new (free) dress right? I'm just hoping that this will again, seem a bit more real once I see myself in this virginal white dress. ugh. Anyway, we'll be working on our vows this week, so many more updates there.

This post, however, is about Oscar. I've had several questions about how we could incorporate Oscar into our ceremony. Ok, maybe two questions and the rest of the thoughts and questions I've had on my own. Kitty has been such a big part of our lives - how can we not include him?

Oscar came into my life in July 2000. He was about 2 weeks old and he was found in a garbage can with his sister. He was so tiny and his eyes had not yet turned the brilliant green that they are today - they were gray - the same color as his fur. I fell in love with him almost instantly. I didn't want to have another cat - I was planning on bringing my cat Zeus to Chestertown for the year. But sadly we found out he had FIV and it wouldn't be fair to move him to another home - he needed to stay on one place until he left this world. Sadly, he died in April of 2001. I think I made the right choice by leaving him with my parents.

Anyway, Oscar needed a home badly. So, soft hearted me, I walked home with this tiny cat, really no bigger than a hamster. His heart was beating fast, he was mewing, and he stole MY heart. We bonded instantly and he has been with me for nearly 10 years now. And really in Tim's life for 10 years, but they connected later. I cannot begin to explain the place that Oscar has in my heart. It pains me to think about the time when he will not be in my life.

So, how can we bring him into the wedding? Well, at our brunch kitty will be there. Probably a little afraid and hiding in the bedroom. But, how and should I mention kitty at the ceremony? I know that he'll be on my mind. How would he not - he's been with me for a third of my life. I've raised him from kittenhood, he's always been there for me, he bonded with Tim when Tim was sick (it is quite heartwarming - Kitty and Tim's bonding - not Tim being sick. Kitty stayed on the bed with Tim and placed his paw on Tim's hand. Kitty loves Tim.) Ok, I'm starting to scare myself.

Perhaps I can include him in the vows somewhere, we'll see.

So, enjoy the kitty photos, I'm kind of in shock that I do not have any pictures of the three of us together. Perhaps, when we get home from the wedding and dinner and bar we can take a picture of tim and me and kitty together. A family!

No comments: