Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nature vs. Man Made wedding


Hello readers! Well, no new news today - well, two pieces I guess. One, we've finalized the invitation/announcement post cards, so yay! They'll be printed tomorrow and will hopefully be sent out this weekend. Or next week sometime. We'll see. Once everyone gets their invitation I will post a copy for all to see here. But I don't want to ruin the surprise!!

Second, I was contacted by the Empire State Building publicity people today. Tim and I have to tell our story and other details about our life to them so that they can send it out to different news outlets. Will definitely keep you posted on that! Ha! This is so funny.

Speaking of funny:
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Carmen.
Carmen who?
She'll be Carmen round the mountain when she comes.

There you go Reader who loves knock-knock jokes.

So, the thoughts of this blogger tonight. The opening to the email that I received from the ESB publicity person congratulated me for winning my dream wedding. I thought, is this my dream wedding? In so many ways it is - it's mostly paid for by someone other than me and my parents. It's almost totally planned for me. It's happening in a month, so I can't get too crazy or scared or anxiety ridden. But the cons, Mr. Kitty can't be in attendance (there will be a post completely dedicated to that insanity later). It's indoors. It's February. And we can only have a limited number of people, which sadly, excludes some people that I really love, including some of you readers. If I really thought about a dream wedding - it would have been dwarf/fairy themed outdoors. Now readers, Tim would have gone for the outdoors aspect - the dwarf/fair theme- I know he loves me, but I think his eyebrows may have retreated into his hair at that idea. And seriously, I wouldn't put him through that - can you see Tim in a pointy red cap? Or perhaps dressed as Mr. Tumnus? Me neither. But dappled sunlight and pine and mossy smells? Or leaves rustling in fall brisk breezes? Or the springtime in the botanic garden, with bees (and me) drunk on the dew and pollen of lilac branches - that readers, is what I would miss. But, when it comes down to it, it's not the scenery that I would pay attention to. That is all for the guests I feel. I promise you readers - the only thing that matters is the smiling happy faces of my friends and family and especially seeing Tim.

So, the pros (other than the mostly paid for wedding) is that this is such a truly unique experience. The ESB has an amazing history - which, will be posted at a later date and those of you getting invitations and announcement cards will be getting a pretty cool treat on your postcards. A (an) historic building in a (an) historic city, of course we would want to be a part of it. Who wouldn't? So, this is where we are. We are living in a city, not in the woods or by the ocean (well, kind of by the ocean, but not the craggy ocean like in Maine, or the blue of the Pacific) but in a concrete man made city. And we should be in this time, in this moment, and that is why it makes sense for us to have our wedding in a building of steel and concrete. Maybe we can think of that structure, and how it endured fires and attacks and movies, and King Kong and learn from it. It is still there in spite of King Kong.

Ok. Like I said, not too much to write about that is new tonight but some things on my mind. Tomorrow night, we get to invite two of our lovely friends to the wedding. Here is a picture of Tim with Tim and Amy. They just had their second baby. Tim and I have held both of their children within 24 hours of their birth. That is kind of unbelievable. I'll have to upload the photo tomorrow. Until tomorrow readers. Where maybe we'll have some more news for you all.

2 comments:

Hanna Maz said...

First of all, Tim as Mr. Tumnus makes me "lmfao" as Rae would say. Second of all, you could do one of those "renewing your vows" type things in a few years and have it be outdoorsy...and fairy themed. Galadriel style.

positivgal said...

Galadriel!!!!! Yes!