Friday, January 22, 2010

Dress, vows, and rings oh my!


Hello friends. It's been a few days. I've been making tissue paper flowers, filling out forms, and thinking about wedding vows. Lots on the mind. Not to mention going to the post office - if you know me, you know my horror stories with the post office in my neighborhood. I have a rage stroke every time I have the unfortunate need to visit. Anyway, that is not what this post is about.

Dress: I was sent a list of dress choices today. I knew the maker of the dress a few days ago and visited several websites that had their dresses. And I haven't really given too much thought to the dress. I almost said to hell with the free dress and bought a beautiful one at Brooklyn Flea over the weekend. But luckily, I didn't. I knew that I wanted a tea length 1950s style dress, and I wasn't sure if that would be one of the choices. The dress maker had exactly one tea length non-white wedding dress. But it is in the spring 2010 line. Why would anyone give away these brand new dresses - especially that just went off the runway (am I using all of these fashion-y terms right Cosmopolitan magazine?) So, lo and behold - it was one of the choices. I'm super excited! And, my super awesome stripey marie antoinette shoes will go perfectly with it. I think. Now I have to get measured. Things are coming together. I'll post a picture of the dress soon - I'm waiting to see if my husband to be and my dandy of honor like the dress. They are both in Cleveland right now, I'm sure, eating pretzels and drinking beer and eating snausages somewhere. Lucky.

But that leaves me plenty of time to think about what I get to vow on February 13. I have some ideas, and they are working together pretty well. But, do I mention things like my wizard star? This is our ceremony and so far, it has been very fun and silly and very us. So, why not mention that right? I'm not a terribly serious person (ok, so right now, I've been writing this whole post using the voice of the British reader who read Wuthering Heights on books on cd. Yay, I'm an adult!). So, I suppose most of it will be serious. I'm just trying to get through the vows without bursting into giggles, tears, sobs (of joy of course) or having a panic attack (because I have to be in front of people and talk about personal things). But I must say, I am quite happy with how the vows are coming together. No samples there!

And finally, rings. Who would have ever thought that photographing a ring would be so hard. Poor Tim tried to send to me several pictures of the rings that he liked but they were blurred or the flash or light just took over. I told him to go with what made him happy. I knew the ring that I wanted to get for him the moment I saw it. I concentrated so hard on finding a ring for him that when he asked me what kind I wanted, I didn't even know. So, surprises abound!


That's all for tonight. I'm quite tired and there has been a lot to think about and do today. More to come tomorrow night.

4 comments:

Hanna Maz said...

"dandy of honor" = me snickering
If you need any help with anything, please let me know! It occurred to me that you are short a pair of pretzel eating, beer drinking, snausage snarfing hands at the moment and I make a pretty decent paper flower so if there's anything that you need an extra pair of hands for I'm volunteering my granola munching, tea drinking, yogurt slurping ones (wow that just made me sound like an organic hipster).

positivgal said...

Thanks Hanna. I will certainly let you know about craftynight or crafternoon on a weekend. Are you back in NYC?

Hanna Maz said...

"Crafternoon" :)
Yes, I am back in business, Rae is here too and I believe she is willing to help be crafty as well. We're a couple of crafty ladies! My schedule has changed a lot since last semester, I don't have any classes after two o'clock and on Fridays my only class ends at 10:45 am, so needless to say I have a lot more free time in the afternoons and evenings.

Sienna said...

I'd just like to point out that Hanna is in fact an organic hipster. Also, what exactly are Marie Antoinette shoes?
"Yay, I'm an adult!" --> I laughed out loud and my dog got scared of me.